| DISHWASHER |
|Dishwasher starts, buzzes but does not operate
- Jammed impeller - make sure no utensils or dishes are in the way
- Water outlet strainer clogged
|Makes noises while operating
- Dishes are placed incorrectly and are loose in rack
- Item to be washed has become dislodged by water
- Machine is not level
- Utensil/dish may be in contact with spray arm
|Water spots or film on dishes/glasses
- Are you using detergent recommended by manufacturer?
- Water temperature too low (adjust hot water heater thermostat)
- Does the rinse agent need to be replenished?
|Dishes not drying
- Water temperature not correct. Check manufacturer's recommended temperatures.
- Inlet valve leaking
- Dishwasher set for wrong dry cycle
- Machine loaded with too many dishes or dishes have become 'nested'
- Heating element not working
|Dishes not clean
- Wrong detergent - use manufacturer's recommended detergent
- Dishes not precleaned properly or completely
- Incorrect loading
- Water temperature too low
- Clogged water lines - check and unclog
- Clogged fill-valve strainer - remove and cleanBroken detergent dispenser - check and clean latch
- Check that correct cycle has been selected
|Water does not enter/machine does not operate
- Door latch not correctly latched, door not completely closed
- No power - check circuit breaker, fuses
- Push-buttons may not be fully pushed in, or dial not on exact mark
- For portable machine: water may be turned off
- Water pressure may be low